ENERGY SECTOR – LEAN IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT
The global leader in the rental of power and temperature control solutions who offer a wide range of products and services with 24/7 availability.
Going through a period of exceptional growth, there were challenges around the processes and capability of the supply chain function within one of the company’s largest distribution and stores centres.
The challenge was to support the procurement and stores functions through a period of transition by carrying out assessments of all of the process and people issues, drive mobilisation and replenishment service levels, remove waste, reduce lead time and minimise and improve the accuracy of inventory.
Using the DMAIC process for stabilizing and improving projects:
- Reviewed the requirement for the Stores function and considered future demand.
- Confirmed and measured the existing operational performance.
- Breaking down key tasks and functions, measured and analysed potential future performance.
- Improved Labour, skills, Inventory levels, supplier quality and delivery performance, customer service and communications within the team.
- Applied control measures, captured performance and implemented a daily review process.
Hired based on our reputation for delivering in a “hands-on” manner, we quickly identified the performance gaps and a used the appropriate Lean tools and techniques to facilitate the analysis and improvement plan.
Our solution involved implementing a skills matrix, defining job descriptions and objectives which lead to more standardised work, implementing 5S, Visual management and K.P.I.s
Increased stock accuracy over 3,500 SKU’s from 52% to 99.9% over 3 months. Mobilisation efficiency improved by 60% by reducing waste and variation using Lean tools and techniques.
Find out how VFECTO can benefit your business