BANKING SECTOR – RECRUITMENT TRANSFORMATION STRATEGY

THE BRIEF

Our client are a main player in the Irish banking sector who supply services throughout all four provinces via a branch network supported by a centralised HQ and Call Centre.

Like many in this sector, they were challenged by cost controls imposed on banking operators by central bank and government. On-going internal HR transformation was needed to enhance wider business support, resulting in a clear need to drive improvement in the bank’s recruiting endeavours.

The challenge was to devise and implement a recruitment transformation strategy that would drive improved integration, efficiency and predict activity, whilst measuring real business impact of the recruitment function.

THE IMPLEMENTATION

After considering the key drivers and identifying high impact improvements to address business issues. VFECTO came up with a plan to create 12 project threads to deliver benefits that were both long-term and immediate, focused on:

OPERATIONAL IMPROVEMENT

  • Processes Maps and waste identification
  • Volume recruitment
  • Metrics driven Agency Management, with a PSL and standardised terms & conditions
  • Use of Social Media
  • Introduction of a Service Level Agreement
  • Enhanced team skills development

BETTER BUSINESS INTEGRATION

  • Monthly Operational and Quarterly Strategic Business Reviews
  • A suite of HR Metrics to inform business planning
  • Partnership activities
  • Hiring Managers Toolkit

THE SOLUTION

We provided the solution, based on our previous experience of implementing process improvement, strategy development and delivering clear project plans.

We successfully combining already existing and successful activities with best practice, delivering more value-added activities, removing waste, including, delays, rework and duplication, whilst focusing on immediate and long-term benefits.

THE RESULT

Within just 7 weeks, 14 immediate changes were implemented that reduced administration and improved recruiter effectiveness.

One solution will deliver a payback of €15.7K in the first year. Ownership of delivering 12 project threads paved the way for 80% of the projects to be delivered in 14 weeks.  The remaining 20% delivered phased results over 9 months. The net productivity gain range is 15% to 20% – equating to one full day per week.

Find out how VFECTO can benefit your business

contact us